Friday, February 24, 2012

Stuffed Peppers

Hello, my name is Ashley and I'm a Pinterest addict. I have a tendency to put lots of recipes on my Pinterest Boards and then go to the same old recipes when I'm short on time for dinner.  In an effort to diversify our menu I'm working on trying the Pinterest recipes.  (If you want to see the extent of my Pinterest madness hit the Pinterest button on the top right of your screen.)

 Tonight it was stuffed peppers.I started with a recipe from Dashing Dish for general outlines and then promptly changed most of the ingredients based on what I had in my fridge to use. Feel free to use whatever you want, the basics are something crumbly and something kinda saucy to hold it together. We were pretty happy with these and word on the street is that they freeze well. They probably do before cooking. I cooked all 6 of these and then froze the left-overs so we'll see how that works. Not a bad way to start the weekend!




Stuffed Peppers
6 servings
3 bell peppers
1/2 lb. lean ground turkey
Values from Sparkpeople.com
2 tbs. garlic powder
1/2 c. quinoa-dry
1/2 can of diced tomatoes with juice
5 oz of tomato juice
1/4 c. frozen spinach-chopped and drained
3 oz. Mozzarella

Cook quinoa according to package directions.
Preheat oven to 425 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a skillet, brown turkey seasoned with garlic powder. Remove from heat.
Add tomatoes, tomato juice, spinach and cooked quinoa and 2 oz. of cheese. Mix together.
Cut the stems out of the pepper and halve lengthwise. Remove seeds and ribs and place on baking sheet.
Stuff with turkey mixture and sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese over the peppers
Bake 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool 5 minutes before serving.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment