Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sunday Stylebook-Sewing Room Ideas

We have a perfectly good bedroom devoted to a litter box and cat food. It's sad really and I've been on a kick to use the space and things we have. I'd really like a sewing room where I could iron without fear of marring the kitchen table and have space to really spread out. I've decided I can use the cat's room for this so I've been thinking of color schemes and ways to organize/decorate it. I think I've decided on a color scheme.

I acquired this fabric from a friend of a friend and I love the lime and orange but I don't have  enough of it to do curtains and I think I want something a little more formal. Here's my inspiration plan.



Walls are Olympic "Yellow Lettuce" A68-5 www.olympic.com
Zebra Print small rug from Lowes
Orange Floral for curtains/shades from Modern Retro Textiles
Black and White Damask fabric from Warehouse Fabrics, Inc.
3 Drawer Dresser at Powell Accent Furniture. I'll probably pick up something and refurbish it but it will be for litterbox hiding. Hopefully most, if not all, of the furniture will be white.

This is going to be a multi-stage project so stay tuned to see how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment